[thelist] legalities of posting received emails on a website

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Sat Nov 16 22:34:01 CST 2002

hi all,

i have a client that got into a very funny dialect with a spammer. well, it
started as spam, and then was followed up by a real person. this turned into
several replies and responses, and of course paints the spammer in a really
bad light.

however, the humor contained therein is undeniable.

my client now wants to post this discussion on their website, without the
consent of the spammer.

does anyone know the legalities of posting the emails?
will my client risk getting sued by the spammer?

there was no "for your eyes only" footer, like some companies have.

nagrom