[thelist] legalities of posting received emails on a website

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Sun Nov 17 00:03:01 CST 2002

Bernard Shifman is a prime example of this--and somehow, I'd be not
surprised about him being the culprit in this situation.

Regardless, there have been MANY Bernie-emails posted at:
http://www.petemoss.com/spamflames/ShifmanIsAMoronSpammer.html and there
were plenty of threats that followed.

I, personally, have a disclaimer on my site that says that if you email
me, you just might get printed.  I'd assume it's the same, regardless.
If you don't want to risk having something directly quoted, don't put it
in writing.

I'd think he's pretty safe, but if he's feeling a bit uneasy, send it my
way; I'll post it!

HTH,

Russ

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/