[thelist] ColdFusion MX, IIS 5 and Custom Errors

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Mon Nov 18 13:12:01 CST 2002

At 11:08 AM 11/18/2002, Raymond Camden wrote:
>Ben - I'm not seeing this. Is this a multi-homed server? You may need to
>do the 'check that file exists' thing on each of the sites.

Well, whatever it was, it just started working when I reset the WWW
service.  I thought that I'd already done that, though.  I guess not.

--Ben

<tip type="Error Pages" author="Ben Dyer">
If you are setting up custom error pages in IIS for file types that are not
natively handled by IIS (ColdFusion, for instance), make sure that if you
want IIS to process the 404 errors, you tell IIS to check that file exists
for those file types.  To change this, go to Internet Information Services,
right-click on the WWW site and select properties, click on the "Home
Directory" tab, then the "Configuration" button, select the file type in
question, click "Edit" and then make sure the checkbox that says "Check
that File Exists" is checked.  *After restarting the service*, IIS will now
handle any 404 errors for that file type.
</tip>