[thelist] Changing the mouse cursor

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Tue Nov 19 08:57:01 CST 2002

At 07:19 PM 19-11-02, Lachlan Cannon wrote:
>*Cough, cough.*
>
>http://evolt.org/article/thelist/17/18835/#cursors
>
>Not to toot my own horn or anything. Can your client deal with IE 6 only
>having it?

Thanks, Lach. I'll tell 'em, but my gut tells me they will be OK with it.

The people at http://www.barista.co.in have done something with JS that I
can't fathom. (check one of the inside pages.)

As for the other folks who tried to convince me it was a bad idea...

Dudes, I hate it! I know it's sucky, OK? (Didn't I say that in the first mail?)
But there are times you gotta give a client what he needs or risk losing a
very lucrative contract completely. As a user experience guy, my job is to
advise the client about the best thing to do. Beyond a point, however, it's
their site, and perhaps when people write in saying how much it sucks,
they'll change their minds. I'm not prepared, however, to stand firm and
refuse to do it. There are enough people (a fair few out of work) who can
step up to do the job in my place.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy