[thelist] Returned mail that did not originate at our organization

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Nov 19 12:25:01 CST 2002

the file was intercepted by norton and had an attachment jxa.exe removed
because it violated a content policy.

i have an extension filter going right now, so norton strips off
attachments with forbidden extensions before it checks for virii. (.exe,
.pif, .scr, .bat, .com, .vbs)

> Have you checked NAV logs for what it's found and cleaned?
>
> That might be enough evidence that the emails are virus generated?

are you suggesting that the email and others like it are not actually
returned mail by a legitimate server but rather a virus email made to
look like returned mail from a legitimate server?

chris.