[thelist] IMG vs IMAGE + screen reader output

kristina ml at kfxdesign.net
Mon Nov 25 05:21:01 CST 2002

list,

  Following on from my question the other day
  about alt and title tags/uses.

  I've been dutifully adding the following to my
  alt tags [IMG] - but then it occurred to me how
  on earth does a screen reader read [IMG]?

  I had (I admit) just abbreviated the word image
  to IMG as I can see it is short for IMaGe?  But
  then I thought well *stupid me* of course I can
  'see' but does a screen reader see the same
  thing or does it read out I-M-G!  which in
  actual fact is V bad!

  As I don't have a screen reader to test this
  with I was hoping that some other kindly soul on
  thelist would be able to help me out.

  I expect I should change all iterations of IMG
  to IMAGE....  What do y'all do?

--
tia as always

bfn