[thelist] SQL2k: BULK INSERT not failing but also not creating row

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Nov 25 07:06:01 CST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ashok Hariharan" <listman at hazard0us.org>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 2:59 AM

> >e:\workspace\process_images\images.log
>
> Is this path reachable from SQL Server, if your SQL Server is on a
> different server than the one from which you are running the query, the
E:\ must be relative
> to the SQL Server installation.

Good thought, but both are on the same server.  The BULK INSERT is not
throwing any sort of error in QA.  As a matter of fact, it DOES throw an
error if I modify the rowterminator attribute due to data mismatches, so I'm
pretty sure it's finding the file.  QA just says "0 rows affected"

Thanks.  Any other ideas?

-joshua