[thelist] Frameset and Pdf Problem

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Mon Nov 25 09:58:01 CST 2002

Hi list,

I've got an issue regarding Adobe Acrobat and Frames(et) and was wondering
if any of you'll had similar trials and tribulations. Ok here's the scoop.
I've got a frameset (eegad!) that has a navigation in the left pane, which
points to pages with self contained pdf's, and a right pane, which houses
the product pages with links to Pdf's. These Pdf's have explicit
instructions to open in that frame.

However, when I switch back and forth between the navigation pane, and the
product, pane, Pdf's start opening in new windows, instead of the product
pane. These panes are becoming major pains! Apparently, this problem is
known to some people on Google. Just search for "Frameset Adobe Pdf New
Blank Window Problem."

Any ideas? or am I going to have to redesign the thing w/out frames?

Rob.Smith