[thelist] What's the best site search solution?

Anthony Baker lists at thinkbigideas.com
Mon Nov 25 13:46:01 CST 2002

Tracy,

I have a couple of questions that would support in getting a
the answer you look for:

 (1) How large is your company, and what is their budget?

 (2) How large is the set of documents that you wish to

 (3) What kind of files will you be indexing? HTML? PDF?
     Images? Audio/Video?

Depending on your needs, I do enjoy Atomz search application.
It allows you to search multiple document formats, you can
customize the hell out of the UI used for the search and results
screens. This includes either creating your own description of
the resulting files (using META data), or simply having it grab
an excerpt from the resulting file.

Atomz is free for smaller document sets, but there is a fee if
your sets get above a certain number of docs -- don't recall
offhand what that is, however.

  www.atomz.com

Cheers,

Anthony