[thelist] Re: SQL2k: BULK INSERT not failing but also not creating row

Nick Baker nbaker at educationau.edu.au
Mon Nov 25 22:01:01 CST 2002

joshua,

what rowterminator values did you use? try using '\n' rather than '\r\n'.

nick

> Good thought, but both are on the same server.  The BULK INSERT is not
> throwing any sort of error in QA.  As a matter of fact, it DOES throw
> an
> error if I modify the rowterminator attribute due to data mismatches,
> so I'm
> pretty sure it's finding the file.  QA just says "0 rows
> affected"
IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or confidential information. If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its contents to any other party.
This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not necessarily reflect those of education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.
It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it for viruses or any other defects.
education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence caused directly or indirectly by this email.