[thelist] RE: Web Developer Certification

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Nov 26 10:26:11 CST 2002

> I've been thinking more along the lines of a peer review group.
>
> Perhaps a group of Evolters could get together to review the

This would carry weight with other developers, perhaps, but not with
executives and HR folks. They don't know evolt.org from a hole in the
ground. Even a cert from the W3C would have to be explained to some extent.

While we're still facing executives who think we're out-dated because we
'still code by hand' it's going to be tough to convince them that some
obscure (to them) unofficial consortium carries any real weight.

joel