[thelist] Web Log: Automated Program Looking for Statistics.ASP?

Pat Meeks pmeeks at msn.com
Thu Nov 28 23:18:02 CST 2002

Tim:

> Judging from http://reliableanswers.com/statistics.asp I'd say it looks
> like a log file... I assume someone was interested in seeing if they could
> find log files for your site.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was some sort of an automated program or not. If
it was, others might have also seen this in their logs. Guess it's just a
competitor.

Thanks, Pat

<tip type="Good Non-Programmers ASP.Net Book" author="Pat Meeks">
If you are a non-programmer (or maybe just mess around with a little
JavaScript, etc.), comfortable with HTML and interested in learning ASP.Net,
I highly recommend ASP.NET for Web Designers, by Peter Ladka. I think it
truely is a book that visual types and non-programmers can learn from. It
treats C# and VB equally and has demystified a ton of jargon for me. I
finally understand what is meant by an "array" and a lot more. He even walks
you through the steps needed to compile your code (something everyone in the
ASP forums seemed to know how to do but me).
</tip>