[thelist] Opensource Newspaper CMS

Burhan Khalid burhankhalid at members.evolt.org
Fri Nov 29 20:50:02 CST 2002

Hello List,

      Happy Thanksgiving for all you that are celebrating it.

      I remember that a while back someone had a question regarding
      newspaper cms's and while shifting emails from one system to
      another, I seemed to have lost the thread.

      I just wanted to add that CoFax is an excellent (very full
      featured) opensource CMS specifically designed for newspaper
      publications. It is available at sourceforge.net. Its written in
      JSP (so you will need a server capable of handing JSP (Apache
      Tomcat)) and requires a database backend. Its not specifically
      tied to one database, and you can plugin your own ODBC layer
      package in the config.

      I would recommend you look into it. It certainly has potential.

Regards,
--
| Burhan Khalid |