[thelist] WinNT -> Win2000 (file upload permission problems)

Lauri Vain lauri.vain at tharapita.com
Sun Dec 1 17:02:18 CST 2002

Hello,

Usually our clients are based on *nix systems, but there is one rather
large client who is still on a Windows machine with a system written in
ASP (by another subcontractor, who is out of business due to a bad
business model and lack of know-how).

Basically, a couple of days ago, they, my client, installed Win2000 on
their server machine and file uploading does not work any more. They
said that they hadn't changed any permissions nor anything (it probably
has to be double checked, correct?). If anybody here has any ideas
regarding this issue then your input is highly valued.

I think they are running IIS as their server software.

Basically what happens is that they will go to the file uploading
script, choose a file to upload and click "Submit". After that they get
an error message a la "Page can not be displayed".

I know I haven't done a good job at explaining, but that's all the
information I currently have available. I will go down to the client's
office in 14 hours or so.

Has anybody experienced something similar or might have at least some
ideas about what might be going on?

TIA

Cheers,
Lauri