[thelist] [ASP] include content of an html page in an asp pag e ?

David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil David.Cantrell at Gunter.AF.mil
Mon Dec 2 10:32:01 CST 2002

>Have you tried using XMLHTTP within the asp page? It is I believe an
>intrinsic IIS object and doesn't need to be installed!

Technically, it is an object within the MSXML component, which comes with
IE. If you use the plain-old vanilla IE on your web server without
installing MSXML separately, you probably have the ancient
non-standards-compliant MSXML 1.0. You can download the newest (4.0) which
complies with all XML/XSLT/XML Schema standards at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/xml.

Just something to look out for.

And to answer the original question since I was out last week:

>We want to set up a linux server running htdig to crawl an asp site on
>an IIS server.
>In the asp site we would like to have a search form and then display
>the search results
>from htdig on the linux server.
>
>So I would like the asp page the post a query to the linux server and
>then display
>the results.
>
>Anyone know how I can achieve this ?

Have the ASP page HTML create a form element with an action pointing to a
web server on the linux box which processes the search engine results. :)