[thelist] Dreamweaver MX "Sharing Violation"

Russ russ at unrealisticexpectations.com
Tue Dec 3 10:39:01 CST 2002

> On Monday, Dec 2, 2002, at 20:43 US/Central, Russ wrote:
> > The LOCAL SITE is still on our LAN, not on the WEB;
> regardless of the
> > terminology, locally is as stated--locally, not on the internet.
> >
> > Tomato, toe-mah-toe.  What's the big deal?
>
> The deal is not big, but when asking for advice, it's really
> nice to use terminology properly!

I don't disagree; I wasn't asking for advice--merely noting how we see
the issue occurring.  We work with it, live with it, it's not an issue
to us.  Basically, I was informing JD as to when we see it happening so
MM could have other insight.

I was seeking no answers.

> I have seen numerous instances on theList of people merely
> using the wrong word to describe something, which generates
> many responses that don't answer the question.
>
> "Local" (relative to a filesystem) is on the same physical
> computer, as apposed to "remote" being across a network connection.

Right, and "local" relative to my websites, means a copy that is on my
internal network as opposed to being elsewhere on an external network.

This is silly.  If we need to continue this, please take it to personal
email.  Thanks!