[thelist] Percentage of users who turn off javascript

Philip Warbasse (info) info at warbassedesign.com
Tue Dec 3 11:34:01 CST 2002

Hi Chris,

A very well thought out answer and I think you are probably correct.  I
appreciate your time!  I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of
index on the web that gave general user trend information and that it might
contain the js on/off percentage I was looking for.

Currently, I do have pretty good web tracking software, but how would I know
whether someone's js is turned off?  I suppose, I could create a redirect
page and if that page gets hit then I would know that user's js is off.

You asked - p.s. why do you insist on doing this scroll thing that you
mentioned in the other thread?   That's funny...I know, but the reason is
simple:  It's a fortune 5 company and they have treated me pretty well.
They requested it in the original flow and so I must pull it off.  Basically
I will do anything short of breaking the 10 commandments to help them and I
knew evolt would be a great place to start :)  Thanks again for your
interest and feedback.

Sincerely,
Phil Warbasse
Warbasse Design