[thelist] Web Project Management

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Tue Dec 3 17:21:01 CST 2002

>     I am currently looking for a system (preferably
> web-based) to help with tracking project progress, timelines,
> deliverables, individual tasks, time tracking, etc, etc, you
> probably get the idea.  It would be used mainly for web
> development projects, with anywhere from 1 to ~5 people
> involved in an individual project, no more than 5-10 projects
> simultaneously (I hope).

Microsoft Project Server 2002 turns the 2002 clients on the workstations
into a collaborative workspace. Web based or thru the GUI, it's all the
functionality of Project, shared. We're just starting to use it, and I think
it's going to allow us to put off investing in a full CRM app for a couple
years.

Server is about $800; clients are about $400 each.

joel