[thelist] ASP & Db read only

ceverett51 at attbi.com ceverett51 at attbi.com
Wed Dec 4 14:17:01 CST 2002

Ok guys I was able to fix the problem I had yesterday but now I am running into
a new problem. I keep getting an error "Cannot update. Database or object is
read-only." Again here is some of the relevant code:

Dim adOpenDynamic
Dim adLockPessimistic
adOpenDynamic = 2
adLockPessimistic = 2
oRSc.Open "CallLog_Table;", "DSN=contact1", adOpenDynamic, adLockPessimistic
oRSc.MoveFirst
oRSc.Find "ID = '" & varID & "'"
IF oRSc.EOF Then
	Response.Write "No matching record was found. Adding new record for ID
= " & varID
	oRSc.AddNew
	oRSc.Fields....
        oRSc.update
Else
        oRSc.Fields...
        oRSc.update
End IF

So now neither of the .update's will work b/c it says the Db is read-only but I
already set the Lock type to Pessimistic. Shouldn't this work???