[thelist] ASP & Db read only

Ken Schaefer ken at adOpenStatic.com
Wed Dec 4 17:29:01 CST 2002

Additionally, the Jet OLEDB Provider doesn't support adOpenDynamic.

Use: adOpenKeyset/adLockOptimistic instead.

Cheers
Ken

From: "Anthony Baratta" <Anthony at Baratta.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] ASP & Db read only

: At 12:16 PM 12/4/2002, ceverett51 at attbi.com wrote:
: >Ok guys I was able to fix the problem I had yesterday but now I am
running
: >into
: >a new problem. I keep getting an error "Cannot update. Database or object
is
: >read-only." Again here is some of the relevant code:
: >
: >So now neither of the .update's will work b/c it says the Db is read-only
: >but I
: >already set the Lock type to Pessimistic. Shouldn't this work???
:
: Are you using Access?? If so, you need to give the IIS User Account R/W
: access to the file AND to the directory the file resides in.
: --
: Anthony Baratta
: President
: Keyboard Jockeys
:
: "Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative."