[thelist] batch JPG -> PSD?

Joel Canfield joel at spinhead.com
Wed Dec 4 20:22:01 CST 2002

> > 14. To run the droplet, drag and drop a file (or an entire folder)
> > onto it.
>
> Uh, yeah, well :-)
>
> At this point, with a two-file test directory, I get one
> popup that tells me the "feather" command -- which I have no
> interest in, and certainly didn't specify -- is "not
> available now", and when I click through that I get a popup
> to confirm my "Save As" on the first file.
>
> Not exactly my idea of "batch" :-)    And unfortunately

You've got an error somewhere (not saying my instructions are immune, but
they worked for me) - I use this nearly every single day, and when I drag a
folder containing dozens of files onto one of my droplets, it just goes. I
can walk away, and when I come back, it's done. It is, in every way, a batch
process.

Before you abandon a perfectly good tool, give it another look and see where
something's wrong. Photoshop certainly didn't go get the feather command on
its own, and there are a few ways to specify saving options: you can
automatically overwrite, you can write to a new folder, you can increment
numerically. If it's prompting you, it's not set up correctly. That's not
the tool's fault.

joel