[thelist] UPDATE Re: batch JPG -> PSD?

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Thu Dec 5 13:48:01 CST 2002

Joel,

>>New problem: while there's a checkbox on the Automate->Batch
>>dialog to include subfolders, I can't see how to have the PSD
>>files *saved* in their corresponding subdirectories -- they
>>all wind up together in the *one* directory you're forced to
>>specify ...
>
> You can choose to overwrite the originals, or you can drop them into the
> original folder, with the name incremented so as *not* to overwrite the
> originals.

Uh, not to seem dense -- oops, too late, I guess! -- but *how*?

Overwrite doesn't apply, since the PSD version of file 'foo.jpg'
should be named 'foo.psd', but it's the "original folder" idea that
doesn't see to be working.

The setup is something like

/products/1/foo.jpg
          /2/bar.jpg
          /3/baz.jpg
           .
where there are no images in 'products', only in subdirs 1,2,3, etc.

I can specify 'products' as the 'Source' folder with Include All
Subfolders checked, but if I also specify Destination: Folder and
choose 'products' -- all the new files are created in that base
directory, not /1/, /2/, /3/.

Tell me I'm overlooking something obvious -- please :-)
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.