[thelist] Server vs. Client Validation

Aaron Johnson lists at cephas.net
Thu Dec 5 14:20:00 CST 2002

> Does anyone have any thoughts on the cost/benefits of server side field
> validation vs. running it on the client side?
 -- IMNSHO... For *security*, always do it on the server, users can turn
off JavaScript on the client which renders your client side validation
useless.

If you're concerned about your users, do some client side validation.
They'll appreciate it.

If you have a million and one things to accomplish (as we all do), skip
the client side validation (client side validation adds to the amount of
time you'll spend debugging various platform specific and/or browser
specific issues) and just do server side validation.

AJ

--
Aaron Johnson
http://cephas.net/blog/