[thelist] wvdial setup on Linux (Debian)

Andrew Maynes andrew at humanbehaviour.co.uk
Thu Dec 5 15:09:00 CST 2002

Definitaley not wasting bandwidth :)

I have just read the winmodem compatiblity stuff so I guess I had better start
serching for a high tec spec modem for my low spec box :)

I think I may just be better off buying a new box with Linus already
installed... but then that would be much fun would it :)  thank you abbey

Andrew

I sure hope I'm not so far off on this that I'm wasting bandwidth again, but
is your modem compatible with the OS? I couldn't *find* my modem either (huh,
it's right there on the back of the box 8-)) and turns out I had a winmodem
which in my non-tech understanding is that it's more of a modem-lite.

So, I plugged in the old 56k external, rebooted and my RH7.2 identified it
right away.

(and, I went through at least 6 installs with SuSE, Debian and RedHat before
everything was almost working right)
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/