[thelist] Flash site and Search Engines

shawn allen shawn at alterior.net
Thu Dec 5 15:41:01 CST 2002

quoth Gregory Wostrel:
> I have made a site for a Client that is pure Flash. She is supporting
> it with Direct Mail marketing, word of mouth and it really is mostly a
> portfolio site. But it brings up the (not critical in this case)
> question of how best to make it find-able by search engines.

The process for getting the base URL submitted to search engines varies
pretty wildly. As far as Google's concerned, you need only have somebody
else with an indexed site link to it.

Be warned, though: some search engines don't take kindly to sites they
can't index (like yours, since it's built entirely in flash).

> I figured that in the depth of knowledge on this list someone would
> have opinions on this.

What's that saying, "every *sshole has an opinion"? ;)

--
shawn allen
  mailto://shawn@alterior.net