[thelist] DB design question

Dave Silver daveintoga at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 14:31:01 CST 2002

Being as how database design is not my strong suit (or
even my weak suit) I thought I would look for a little
direction on this one.  I'm trying to decide how to
set up some tables that will describe a property
listing.  The problem I'm having is deciding what to
do with descriptions of amenities.  A listing will
obviously have an address and price in one table but
what about boolean-type fields such as
fireplace-yes/no, carpeting-yes/no, etc. of which
there may be 20 or 30.  I want to be able to search on
these so how should they be linked back to the main
table?  Any ideas mucho appreciated.
DS