[thelist] SQL: Need help for query within a store

Tab Alleman Tab.Alleman at MetroGuide.com
Fri Dec 6 14:38:00 CST 2002

Well, I'm thinking does an item really have a base price if it's got a
different price in every country?  Now if the price difference were
formulaic, sure, and you'd only have to store the base price and the
formula.  But taking the example of books sold in US and Canada, why is
either price the base price?

And as for new items, if you haven't established a price for Canada,
then the item can't be sent to Canada yet, so no row is created for the
new item for the Canada zone in the item-zone-shipping table until the
price and shipping are established.

I guess I'm trying to avoid the "logic" of:  "if the override price is
null..."   : )

-----Original Message-----
From: rudy [mailto:r937 at interlog.com]

how do you get "the" base price out of multiple rows that may all have
different prices?

what about new items added to inventory before you establish override
pricing and shipping to various zones? gotta record the base price
somewhere, so do you add an item_zone row with a null zone_id?  (ouch)

rudy

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/