[thelist] String Concatenation ??

Jake Aust mail_lists at jakesdiner.com
Fri Dec 6 15:31:01 CST 2002

I have a string $myHtml, that has a full HTML page in it (I know it's good
becuase I can echo it to the browser and it looks great)

I am trying to prepare an HTML email so I am trying to create a $message var
like so:

$message = $txtIntro . $myText . $htmlIntro . $myHtml . $endMessage

where $txtIntro, $htmlIntro and $endMessage are strings that have the MIME
wrappers in them required for multipart/MIME emails. $myText is the
plaintext version of $myHtml.

However, when I send it, the HTML gets messed up. It seems to be getting
confused with the " characters in $myHTML. A line like:

becomes:

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated. I am banging my head against the wall on
this.

Jake