[thelist] DB design question

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Dec 6 21:14:01 CST 2002

> I read Rudy's article and gathered that it would work to build a
> sub-select for each amenity upon which I want to search.  To search for
> a listing with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 3 fireplaces, 1 heliport, and 17
> doghouses, I would need 5 sub-selects.  Right, Rudy?

yes, assuming that the amenities relationship table carries a quantity field

ugly, ain't it?

that's why most people put them side-by-side in the same table

same reason you never see firstname and lastname as separate rows in a
one-to-many people-to-names structure

the queries are just too much of a headache

rudy