[thelist] Web Cam Software

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 15:50:01 CST 2002

Hi Frank,

> I am interesting in setting up a webcam for my personal site,
> and wanted to know if any of you could make a recommendation.

We use Axis cameras here at $WORKPLACE (specifically the 2120):

  http://www.axis.com/products/camera_servers/

They are fantastic, never had any problems with them. They come with web
servers running on embedded Linux, so you have to do absolutely nothing
apart from give it an IP address :-)

I don't know whether it'll be suitable for your needs (I imagine you'll need
a spare IP, which is unlikely if it's a personal site), but they're worth a
look.

Cheers
Jon