[thelist] PHP vs ASP

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Tue Dec 10 16:38:01 CST 2002

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure what you are looking for ... google turns up a bunch of
links for "asp vs php".

If there is a specific question we've got a bunch of folks on this list
that use both that could take a shot at it.

Personally, I think they are pretty comparable. Depending on your background
and experience one might be a little easier to pick up than the other.

For me it comes down to what your host is running ... on IIS I'd probably
use ASP ... on Apache I'd probably use PHP.

[Yes, I know you can run PHP on IIS and ASP on Apache but (a) I don't
have any experience with how well those translations are done and (b) I
don't have hands-on access to the box or a host willing to bend over
backwards to install "odd" stuff just for me.]

HTH,

RonL.