[thelist] sendmail 8.12.5-7 problem

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Tue Dec 10 18:00:01 CST 2002

that's ok, your information is helpful anyways in giving me a better
understanding of how things work.

> Do you have any other services running on this machine which are
> accessible via TCP/IP from external hosts?  Is sendmail the
> only one not
> accepting connections properly?

well, i did choose custom setup, but i pretty much left things alone. so
if apache is setup and installed by default then i assume port 80 should
be telnet'able, but i have not been successful. and yes i have tried.

do you think it would be worth it to reinstall?

thanks,
chris.