[thelist] CDONTS for International E-mail

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Dec 11 02:42:01 CST 2002

According to the Platform SDK...

"The setting of the MailFormat property determines the default value for the
EncodingMethod parameter in the AttachFile and AttachURL methods. However,
if you add an attachment encoded in base 64 format, the value of the
MailFormat property is automatically set to CdoMailFormatMime."

I don't quite understand this, but it looks as though you can only include a
mime attribute for attachments.  There's also something called MessageFormat
whch works in the same way as MailFormat.

I can't see anything that specifically lets you define the MIME type for
text mails. Have you thought about tweaking the default mime type in
Exchange server?

Steve Cook
web strategist
Evitbe AB
031-709 28 00   031-709 28 12   0703-13 26 31
steve.cook at evitbe.com       www.evitbe.com

<SNIP>