[thelist] CDONTS for International E-mail

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Dec 11 04:21:01 CST 2002

Jmail can do it, I had the same requirement and Jmail solves the problem.

Just use the following:

set msgTemplate = Server.CreateObject("JMail.Message")
msgTemplate.Charset = "iso-8859-1"

You'll need to make sure you're running the  latest version as one of the
earlier ones had a bug which meant that the Charset directive was ignored
(took me days to work out *that* problem!), but I've been running the latest
version with no problems for mailouts to thousands of users without any
major problems.

G'luck!

.steve
 Cookstour - http://www.cookstour.org