[thelist] how do we hide contents? Challenge!!

Scott Brady evolt at scottbrady.net
Wed Dec 11 10:25:00 CST 2002

>This one confuses me.  The status bar says "Page protected by
>WebLockPro.com" yet I can view the unencrypted source quite easily in IE by
>going to View->Source.  What am I missing?

>From the page:

"Try to view the source of this page"

I can do it.

"Try to right click on this page "

By disabling JavaScript, I can do it.

"Try to select text on this page"

No problem (even with JS enabled)

"Try to move your mouse over this link and see the URL"

How that 'protects' the page is beyond me. If I click on the link, I see the URL in my browser.

"Try to print this page to your printer "

This I didn't try because it wasn't worth the paper

"Try to save this page to your hard drive and view it "

I can do this, as well.

"Try to take a screen-shot of this page "

And I can do this.

Even if all these things worked, they later go on to say "Finally, it's possible to completely and securely encrypt your web site, without changing your visitors' browsing experiences. ", I'd like to know how preventing people from selecting text and right-clicking is "without changing your visitors' browsing experiences...."

Scott Brady