[thelist] [SEO] maintaining listings

Benjer futureweb at macmail.com
Thu Dec 12 05:39:01 CST 2002

question form a client

> 2. The search engine optimisation service you have quoted us on - understand
> how you can optimise once at the build stage and submit to search engines
> but how do we keep the service at the top of the main searches? is there a
> cost effective service out there and do we need one in your view?

My answer ­ with consideration that we¹ve already proposed to build the site
with SEO in mind:

AS for current trends in the search engine fields, it is constantly changing
- there are many arguments for not re-submitting/changing your SEO - If it
aint broke dont fix it kind of approach. To maintain good listings is mainly
about links from existing sites and good copy on the page itself. So in
essence we would argue that there is no cost effective solution and it maybe
of little use anyway.

would anyone care to comment on this?

benjer