[thelist] New Member (web review request)

Stephen Nelson sdanelson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 12 09:29:01 CST 2002

Dear Tina,

Overall I thought it looked good.

Tina Warren wrote:
> I welcome feedback in regards to the web site design,
> layout, navigation, etc.

There was one thing that bugged me.  The bottom text navigation menu
expands outside the main body width.  The only reason anyone would
notice this is if they have a big moniter and have it set to a high
resolution.  I am lucky enough to have a 21 inch moniter.

The bottom menu does this because it is outside the body table that
constrains your content to 755px.  You can fix this by either placing
the bottom menu table inside the body table or simply set the width of
the bottom menu table to 755px.

The above just occurs on the index page.  On the sub pages you have
everything set to expand.  My personal preference is to have a fixed
width, but that is exactly that a personal preference.

I would suggest trying to be consistent on any one page, and as much as
possible across multiple pages.

So back to the index page this is what it looks like on my moniter.

Now why do I feel like I just killed a fly with a sledgehammer.  :)

HTH and Good luck with the site and the business.

Sincerely.
Stephen