[thelist] i don't like css (because i can't do it right?)

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Thu Dec 12 13:49:01 CST 2002

1. .spacer is { clear: both; }
2. i tried your suggestion and it works. but not as hoped for.

as i'm sure you noticed, i have:

div {
	border: 1px dotted #0f0;
}

to let me know where all the boundaries are. this has been very helpful
(and yes i thought of it myself).

now what's happening is that the first spacer div is starting below a
div in the nav container.
http://www.swatgear.com/testfiles/intranet/home/dev/

(here is an awesome ascii drawing)
| +-HEADER--------------------------------+ |
| |                                       | |
| +---------------------------------------+ |
| +-NAV------+ +-CONTENT------------------+ |
| |+-DIV----+| |                          | |
| ||        || |                          | |
| |+--------+| |                          | |
| +----------+ |                          | |
|              |+-DIV--------------------+| |
|              |+------------------------+| |
|              |+-DIV---------++-DIV-----+| |
|              ||             ||         || |

ok, so maybe it's a little confusing what with all the lines and
whatnot.

anyways, what do you think is happening?

thanks,
chris.