[thelist] Validation question

Richard McFarland rlmcfarland at attbi.com
Sun Dec 15 19:01:00 CST 2002

Hi, all.

I'm just getting around to validating the code I wrote for a restaurant. I
know I should have done that already, but I'm still learning ;-P. Anyway,
I've been running the site's pages through the W3C validator and am having a
problem with some of the links I've embedded. Here's a specific example.

The link, written thus (sorry about the wrap):
<a
href="http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=6804+E+Green+Lake+Wy+N&
csz=Seattle+WA"></a>

...causes the validator to issue this:

>Line 64, column 151: cannot generate system identifier for general entity
>"addr"

...//maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=6804+E+Green+Lake+Wy+N&csz=Seat
tle+
                                          ^
plus seven other errors related to characters and entities in the link's
URI.

Here's the actual page:

http://www.nellsrestaurant.com/directions.html

...and the validator is at:

http://validator.w3.org/

I'm wondering if anybody's had any success in fixing this so the page will
validate. Other links that use CGI scripts throw the same error message,
BTW.

Richard
--
Richard McFarland (rlmcfarland at attbi.com)

--"The more you learn, the more there is to learn."--