[thelist] Validation question

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 16 11:54:00 CST 2002

> From: Richard McFarland <rlmcfarland at attbi.com>
>
> > Replace the &s in the URL with &amp;
>
> Thanks, David. I tried that, but it doesn't seem to make a difference
> to the validator (even though that's their recommendation, too). I
> still get eight errors associated with this one URL. Here's the first
> four; the second four relate to "general entity 'query'":
[...]
> >  ...xis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=leso&date=20000120&query=Nell%27
[...]
> http://www.nellsrestaurant.com/about.html

i can see from looking at the error, and then viewing source on your
page, that you did not, in fact, make the change...

the final URL should go from something like this:
http://foo.com/feh.asp?f=t&b=r&g=m

to this:
http://foo.com/feh.asp?f=t&amp;b=r&amp;g=m

that's how it has to look in the source code...

so this:
/display?slug=leso&date=20000120

becomes this:
/display?slug=leso&amp;date=20000120