[thelist] Web Safe Colours

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 17 10:12:01 CST 2002

> From: Martyn Haigh <martyn.haigh at virgincosmetics.com>
>
> On the subject of colours, I'm not that colour minded - I'm more a
> developer - does anyone know any sites that have say, series' of 3
> colours that go well together?
>
> Like a colour chart for the programmers out there!
[...]

if you can put up with all the ad banners, WebRefence has posted
three excerpts from the color chapter of a really good book[1] that
goes into some detail about picking colors (watch wrap):

http://webreference.com/authoring/graphics/color/nondesigners/cha
p2/

1. that "really good book" is "Web Graphics for Non - Designers"
which you can buy at Amazon.com at the following URL (beware
wrap):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904151159/ref=nosim/
evoltorg02-20

if you use that URL, it also gives a kickback to evolt.org, which is
nice, seeing as how we're not making any money at this...

you should know that the authors of the book are me (Adrian
Roselli), Isaac Forman (from here as well), Nick Boyce (he's been
spotted here, too), and Dave Gibbons (i've never met the guy)...

--
Read the evolt.org case study
Usability: The Site Speaks for Itself