[thelist] RE: thelist digest, Vol 1 #2820 - 15 msgs

Tom Clancy tclancy at pixelmedia.com
Tue Dec 17 14:11:05 CST 2002

>I am told if you also go to another site entirely though..the cookie
disappears.

	You can't view cookies across domains (if I understand you
correctly). A cookie set by www.server-a.com can't be read by
www.server-b.com (AFAIK).

--- Roger Ly <rogerly at bareviking.com> wrote:
> >Now, I have a link on one of my pages that sends the user back
> into
> >the store, which would look something like this:
>
> >http://www.domain.com/Page.bok?template=Some%20Gifts
>
> >And mysteriously, my cookie is GONE, kaput.
>
> The page where you set the cookie is on the same domain as your
> StoreSense installation, right?
>
> What happens when you set the cookie on your custom PHP pages, go
> StoreSense, and go back to your custom pages?  Are the cookies
> still
> visible from your custom pages?

The cookie is visible, and if you go back and forth between the
storesense pages and my pages, the cookie is always available in my
few php pages. I am told if you also go to another site entirely
though..the cookie disappears.

> Perhaps you are setting cookies specific to the
> directory/subdirectory
> of your custom PHP pages, and that's why they aren't available to
> StoreSense (since you are browsing StoreSense through the top level
> of
> your domain)?

I am trying this:

document.cookie = "groom=<?=$groom?> expires=Wdy, 01-Mon-2010
12:12:12 GMT";

which I also thought makes it a non-session cookie, but IE6 says its
a session cookie still...

This is also happening within the HTTPS section, not HTTP..might this
have something to do with it?

Tom

=====
var me = tom.pixelmech.webDeveloper();