[thelist] Getting ASP to process htm files

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Wed Dec 18 21:32:18 CST 2002

At 01:43 AM 19-12-02, Feingold Josh S wrote:
>The only downside is that there is excess processing from pages without ASP
>code which in your case does not matter since all pages have ASP and you
>have plenty of processing power.

In Windows2000 (and onwards), IIS5 changed the way it worked. I understand
that IIS will now quickly scan your .asp pages for ASP code. If there isn't
any, it won't call the ASP parser, which improves performance.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy