[thelist] CMS tools - INSTALLING DRUPAL

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Thu Dec 19 14:22:01 CST 2002

I am having one goshdarnedheck of a time installing drupal for testing.
I have the default mysql username / password combo running on my dev box
(yes, behind a firewall) and the drupal string says format like this:
username:password at servername/databaseName
so when I use:
root:@localhost/drupal
mysql barfs saying: "Warning: Unknown MySQL Server Host 'root' (0) in
<filename> on line 7
Unknown MySQL Server Host 'root' (0)"
I have tried adding a new user to the mysql user table but this is not
recognised either. Can anyone help? I'm not up with the play when it
comes to mysql db permissions....

--
Paul Bennett
Internet Developer