[thelist] Proper markup of extended quotes

Timothy J. Luoma luomat at operamail.com
Mon Dec 23 14:01:07 CST 2002

I took this route:

blockquote:after 	{ 		content: "Source: " attr(title)"\A" attr(cite) ;  	}

I then discovered that only Opera7 seems to follow the \A (newline)
properly.

Geckos don't render the newline.

Of course IE/Win doesn't render generated content at all.... It's so sad
that 90% of the world is stuck (or chooses to stick) with such an inferior
browser.  Maybe it should have been called .6 ?

Anyway, that's the way I left it, knowing that in time the page will
actually get better as browser support catches up to standards

TjL