[thelist] IIS/http_referer/CF redirect

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Mon Dec 23 20:51:01 CST 2002

I want to do this:

If someone clicks a link on site B to a MP3 residing on site A,
instead of getting the file, they get a HTML page preaching about how
evil the owners of site B are.

Running it through a 404 handler would be a solution - but then I'd
have to search and replace all the content where my client links to
those files ... what would the SQL be to do this (SQL Server 7)?
SELECT INTO? How would I search and replace the string (the content
is in all varchar fields).

Another idea ... What happens if I change IIS .mp3 is run through
ColdFusion? Will the MP3 work or will the browser think it's HTML
nomatter what?

What happens if I use <cfcontent> to serve the files I want to be
served? There are more MB of mp3's than there is RAM on the server
... and I'm wondering how that might impact performance .... ideas?

Here is the problem - my client's site:
<http://aprilwinchell.com/multimedia/>. Someone else's site:
<http://www.youngelder.com/multimedia.htm> (content ripped off a few
weeks ago when the content was different)

- Erik Mattheis

(612) 377 2272
http://goZz.com/