[thelist] [Perl] Blosxom setup problems

Paul Bennett paul at teltest.com
Wed Dec 25 18:36:01 CST 2002

Zeljko Dakic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> well before anything you should check error.log and see what it is.

[Thu Dec 26 13:33:40 2002] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (2)No such file or
directory: couldn't spawn child process: c:/phpdev/www/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi
Hows that???

>Maybe some module is missing (which is unlikely but possible) or it say
>that can't open file which is when you should set up path. I never used
>path like you do, but maybe putting 'c:\\' could help. Before that I
>would try with relative path and create subdir in cgi-bin like blog and
>set path to './blog' which work here.

set path to './docs' and that did't work either.
This is NOT increasing my appreciation of PERL at ALL! :)
Any more takers? The install docs say the path to the text files should
be set to the "full path", so how do I put:

C:\phpdev\www\cgi-bin\docs

into this line:
my $datadir = " ./docs";
how do I escpae the windows '\' ?