[thelist] XML HTTP help

Roger Ly RLy at homestead-inc.com
Wed Dec 25 22:53:00 CST 2002

Hey Tom,

I guess the first question to ask is what platform you are developing on.  We use Kurant StoreSense for our store applications and use the same functionality on IIS.  We have developed some ISAPI extensions, built off of MFC and the CHttpConnection class that send these requests to Kurant and gets the XML response back.  All you really need to do is to generate a POST request and send it to the StoreSense server.  The server will generate so XML as the response, from which you can derive the result of your query.

The data of the POST request will be your raw XML data.  Make sure you set the correct content-length in your POST request, and that you have a valid XML request.  I am sure that in whatever development you are building on, you should be able to generate a POST request and send it to some server fairly easily.

Roger