[thelist] Site Map Generation Software

Alex Jones alex at silverspider.com
Thu Dec 26 18:09:01 CST 2002

Howdy all,

I've done a great deal of searching through these archives as well as the Web as a whole for some software that will meet my needs. Hopefully some of you can help me out with my search. Here are the basic features that I am looking for:
  - Windows desktop app
  - The ability to provide a URL and have it spider the entire site with the option to toggle the inclusion of file types, redundant relative links and off-site links
  - Output to a graphical format (vector would be nice, but not required)
  - The ability to modify the map would be convenient as well

Please note, I am not trying to create a site map to post on a Web site, rather I am trying to map an existing site which is rather large to have a foundation for a redesign.

I have tried using my copy of Visio 2000, but it includes redundant links when it spiders. I have also tried Powermapper but it won't allow me to easily toggle file types. It also likes to cut off pages as it believes I will be using this on the Web and it doesn't want me to post a large picture.

Any help would be appreciated!

Alex