[thelist] insert image using content: style?

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Thu Dec 26 19:37:00 CST 2002

aardvark wrote:
> do a print preview in N6/7 or O6...
>
> ideally, i'd like to also find a solution for IE5+, but somehow i doubt
> that's gonna happen...

How about including both the print and non-print logos in your HTML.
Then, set the non-print logo to display: none in all media, and then in
your print stylesheet set it to block and the normal logo to none. Put
the height and width of the print image to 0, or 1 if you can't do zero
so older browsers also won't show it up, and explicitly set the size in
your print styles. Then chuck an alt="" on it so that screen readers and
such only act as if one logo image is there.

A bit of a hack, I guess, but I can't think fo anything else.
--
Lach
Web: http://illuminosity.net/